Prof. dr. Patricia EveraertProfessorGhent UniversityDept. Accounting, Corporate Finance & Taxation
Prof. dr. Patricia Everaert obtained her PhD in Management Accounting at Ghent University maxima cum laude(1999), entitled “The impact of target costing on cost, quality and time-to-market of new products: results from lab experiments”. During her PhD time, she was a visiting ICM-fellow at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, USA).
She is currently a Full Professor at the department of Accounting, Corporate Finance and Taxation. Her teaching domains are Financial Accounting and Management Accounting. She did research on Innovations in Management accounting (Target Costing, Time-driven Activity-based Costing), Corporate Social Responsibility and the Role of Accountant in society. Her latest research highlights her interest in Accounting Education, focusing on teaching innovations to engage active and digital learning.
Patricia Everaert has received awards as best reviewer (Accounting Education 2010), best teacher (Ghent University, nominated for Minerva Price 2013), best PhD-tutor (Ghent University 2016) and for several best papers at conferences and journals (2011, 2012, 2012, 2015). She is Associate editor at Accounting Education.
Patricia Everaert has published in various international journals such as International Journal of Operations and Production Management, International Journal of Psychical Distributional and Logistics Management, Small Business Economics, Qualitative Research in Accounting and Management, British Accounting Review, Critical Perspectives on Accounting, Asian Review of Accounting, Journal of Accounting Education, Issues in Accounting Education, Accounting Education an International Journal, Research in Higher Education, Accounting Forum, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, etc.
Furthermore, she is the co-author of several textbooks in the area of Financial Accounting, e.g. Introduction to Financial Accounting (De Lembre, Everaert, Verhoeye); Financial Accounting for Corporations (De Lembre, Everaert, Verhoeye) as well as in the area of Management Accounting, e.g. Essentials of Management Accounting (Everaert, Bruggeman, Hoozée); Analytical Cost Accounting (Bruggeman, Everaert, Hoozée, Patfoort).
Introduction to Accountancy
Financial and Cost Price Reporting in Companies
- Target Costing
- Time-driven Activity-based Costing
- The accountant as a financial expert in the guidance of SME’s
- Reporting on corporate social responsibility
- Accounting education: innovations in active and digital learning, team learning, innovative teaching methods, learning style approaches, examination format.
- American Accounting Association
- European Accounting Association
- Nominated for the Minerva-Award for Education 2012-2013 (Ghent University, December 2013)
- Best Paper Award Winner for Asian Review of Accounting, with the paper “The impact of cultural factors on students learning style preferences: A global comparison between Japan, Australia and Belgium” (Boland, Sugahara, Opdecam, Everaert) (April 2012).
- Best Paper Award for the Management Accounting Research Midyear Meeting (AAA) in Houston with the paper “Simulating The Target Costing Process In A Product Design Environment” (Swenson, Everaert) (January 2012).
- Best PhD-Paper at the European Conference of Intellectual Capital with the paper “Intellectual Capital Disclosure Commitment: a Myth or Reality?” (Branswijck, Everaert) (April 2011).
- Outstanding Reviewer Award for the journal Accounting Education, an International Journal (December 2010).
Editorial boards and refereeing
- Associate Editor for Accounting Education, an international Journal.
- Referee for American Accounting Association: annual meeting