Prof. dr. Johan ChristiaensProfessorGhent UniversityDept. Accounting, Corporate Finance & Taxation
Johan Christiaens obtained his Ph.D. in Applied Economic Sciences in 1997 (Ghent University. He has been working as professor since 1998 at Ghent University, faculty of Economics and Business Administration, department of Accounting, Corporate Finance and Taxation. His teaching and research focuses mainly on accounting and auditing for not-for-profit organisations. He has published more than 100 papers and articles in several journals and publications. He has supervised 5 doctoral students during their Ph.D. research work.
He has also been working with EY since 1985. He has been registered auditor since 1990. In 2000 he became Director Accounting Research Public Sector at the Ghent office of EY.
- Non profit accounting (D002849)
- Non profit accounting (D012143)
- Non profit accounting (D012680)
- Accounting and auditing in the public and social profit sector (F000819)
- Introduction of not-for-profit and public accounting (F710257)
- Introduction to accounting in the not-for-profit and public sector (F710348)
- financial accounting
- accounting and auditing in the non-profit and public sector
- accounting in healthcare institutions
- European Accounting Association (EAA)
- CIGAR board (Comp Int Gov Acc Res)