Prof. dr. Ignace De BeeldeProfessorGhent UniversityDept. Accounting, Corporate Finance & Taxation
Ignace De Beelde is affiliated as full professor at Ghent University where he lectures in courses on audit and financial reporting. He has been appointed department chair of the department of Accounting, Corporate Finance and Taxation of the faculty of Economics and Business Administration. He also is vice-dean responsible for education at the faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
He has acted as a visiting professor at HEC Paris, Grenoble, Ecole de Management and Skema Business School. Within the Erasmus exchange framework he has taught at the universities of Göteborg, Cork, Naples, Almeria and Grenoble.
His research has been published in various international peer-reviewed journals such as: Accounting, Organization and Society, Accounting Historians Journal, International Journal of Auditing, International Journal of Accounting, the European Accounting Review and Business Strategy and the Environment.
His main research interests regard various aspects of auditing, the development of financial reportering and corporate social reporting.
He chairs the Audit Committee of the Flemish Parliament.
- Reporting oncorporate social responsiblity
- Historical development of accounting and auditing
- European Accounting Association
- American Accounting Association
- Association Francophone de Comptabilité
Editorial boards and refereeing
- Editorial Board : Accounting Historians Journal, Comptabilité-Contrôle-Audit, Accounting in Europe, Associate Editor Issues in Accounting Education and Guest Editor European Accounting Review
- Refereeing for various international scientific journals